N.O.R.E. HITS THE ROAD IN SEARCH OF GOOD EATS IN NEW COMPLEX ORIGINAL SERIES “ON THE RUN EATIN’ WITH N.O.R.E.,” PREMIERING THIS WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 28 ON COMPLEX AND GO90
BIG BOI, AMBER ROSE, CHARLAMAGNE THA GOD, FAT JOE, CEELO GREEN, ICE T, BUN B, E-40 AND MORE APPEAR THIS SEASON
(NEW YORK, February 26, 2018) – Hip-Hop legend N.O.R.E. has toured the world for decades with his music. Now he’s taking on the new role of traveling food connoisseur in his new First We Feast original series “On the Run Eatin’ with N.O.R.E.,” produced by Five all in the Fifth Entertainment, Cthagod World LLC, Militainment, and Rogue Atlas Productions in association with Lionsgate Television. This WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 28, all eight episodes of “On the Run Eatin’ with N.O.R.E.” will debut on First We Feast, Complex and Verizon's go90 streaming platform.
Each episode sees N.O.R.E sample delicious food from range of special and unexpected environments – from restaurants and backyard barbeques to street fairs andsailing excursions. Celebrity friends serve as guides to N.O.R.E and the crew in locales such as Atlanta, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, New York City, Queens, Napa Valley, Miami and Puerto Rico.
Superstar guests this season include Big Boi, Amber Rose, Charlamagne tha God, Fat Joe, Ice T, CeeLo Green, Scott Storch, Benzino, Raekwon, Capone, Eddie Huang, Sunny Anderson, E-40, Kent Jones, Jim Jones, Akinyele, Juelz Santana, Lumidee, Sean Evans, Miss Info, Bun B, DJ Efn, Sonny B, DJ Blass and Luny Tunes.
The eight new episodes include:
· “SEXY FOOD FOR SEXY PEOPLE” / Atlanta - N.O.R.E. and crew devour their way through Atlanta, the capital of Soul Food. They dine like kings with Outkast’s Big Boi and chill with CeeLo Green.
· “FOOD, MORE FOOD, AND ONE MORE THING… MORE FOOD!” / Los Angeles – When most people think about LA they think about beaches, fancy cars, and movie stars but for N.O.R.E. it’s all about that food. N.O.R.E. eats it up in Compton with a Blood and Crip that squashed their beef to feed the streets. The crew sits down to a Presidential meal with super producer Scott Storch, before sipping Rosé with Amber Rose.
· “MY FINGERNAILS IS HIGH” / Las Vegas - N.O.R.E.’s in Sin City to smoke and get bent, but first he takes the stage to perform at the Art of Rap tour. Then N.O.R.E. goes off the strip and across the tracks to Black Vegas for the best-fried food in the hood. N.O.R.E. gets baked at a THC infused cooking class before Sonny tackles a tomahawk steak with legendary rapper Ice-T. The crew kicks it poolside at a crab boil with Benzino and Wu Tang’s Raekwon the Chef.
· “BACK TO THE HOOD” / Queens - N.O.R.E. goes back to his old neighborhood to revisit the tastes of his childhood and sample the new flavors of gentrified Brooklyn/Queens. N.O.R.E. kicks it like a mob boss with Capone and Fat Joe before they hit a 100-year old steak house with celebrity chef, Eddie Haung. N.O.R.E. caps off his homecoming by visiting the projects, where he was raised for a hood BBQ.
· “ARE YOU DRINKING THE SPIT CUP?” / Napa Valley, CA - N.O.R.E. gets nasty in Napa as he learns that wine country has some of the best food in the world. Like a true Godfather N.O.R.E. crushes grapes at Coppola’s winery while kicking it long time friend and celebrity chef Sunny Anderson. N.O.R.E. eats it up at Oprah’s favorite breakfast spot before getting exclusive at Raymond’s vineyards with E-40.
· “YOU COME ON VACATION AND YOU LEAVE ON PROBATION” / Miami - Miami is known for its elegance, weather and beautiful women, but it’s also the city N.O.R.E.’s called home for the past ten years. From high-end South Beach steaks to the best BBQ in the south N.O.R.E. is giving an insiders tour on where to eat and how do the MIA proper. N.O.R.E. has a religious experience with Kent Jones on Ocean Drive, parties on a boat with Jim Jones and then hits the strip club with legendary rapper Akinyele.
· “THE BIG APPLE BITE DOWN” / New York City - N.O.R.E. and crew take a bite out of the Big Apple. From the streets of Harlem to high-class Manhattan fare, New York is home to 45,000 of the best eateries and N.O.R.E.’s crew are on a mission to try all of them. Sonny eats every part of the cow, while N.O.R.E. chews the fat with Juelz Santana. Charlemagne Tha God checks in on N.O.R.E. to make sure he’s eating well. Sean Evans, Miss Info and the crew play with fire while they eat at NYC’s all-time hottest street food vendor.
· “I’VE PUT ON 35 POUNDS!” / Puerto Rico - N.O.R.E. takes the boys to the 51st state and N.O.R.E.’s father’s home, Puerto Rico to taste some serious history. The crew walks the San Juan street markets munching on street food, then N.O.R.E. fear of pigeons come home to roost as he sits down with reggae tone producer DJ Blass for rotisserie chicken. N.O.R.E. and the group wrap up their epic food tour with some fun in the sun on a luxurious yacht.
“On the Run Eatin’ with N.O.R.E.” is executive produced by Eli Frankel, N.O.R.E., Douglas Banker, Charlamagne Tha God and Bryan Stratte; co-executive produced by Matt Weber, Ali Samii, Randy Acker and David Shaye; and Justin Killion and Melanie Moreau for Complex Networks. The series is produced for Complex Networks by Five all in the Fifth Entertainment, Cthagod World LLC, Militainment, and Rogue Atlas Productions in association with Lionsgate Television.
ABOUT "ON THE RUN EATIN' WITH N.O.R.E."
With hip hop ascendant around the world, being a star rapper today means touring the globe. What many people may not know is that hip hop loves to eat, and finding the next great meal, the next restaurant becomes as important as the next tour date. World famous hip hop star N.O.R.E. knows two things in this world better than anybody – food and hip hop. And he’s bringing them together in the ultimate hip hop eating tour. As N.O.R.E. makes clear, this is a different kind of food show. Unlike all the other food shows which are made by foodies for foodies, this is the show that makes you fall in love with eating all over again – whether you’re a world class chef or just someone who loves their PopTarts. Coming along for the journey will be an amazing guest list of hip hop royalty celebs who share N.O.R.E’s passion for hip hop-approved food. Whether it’s tasting THC-infused maple syrup and pancakes in Las Vegas, chowing down on pineapple bowls served by former gang members in Compton, eating cow testicles in a high-end Manhattan restaurant, Puerto Rican street food, mouth-scalding hot Chinese feasts, or just getting kicked out of Martin Luther King’s historic home, N.O.R.E. and his crew will serve up the most unexpected, the most mouth-watering, the most challenging and slamming food you can possibly experience. On The Run Eatin’ with N.O.R.E. is the backstage guide to hip hop’s love affair with food – the places, the meals, the stars, the conversations, the drinking, the eating, and the celebrating that is the heart of hip hop.
ABOUT COMPLEX NETWORKS
Complex Networks, formed from the acquisition of Complex Media Inc. through a joint venture by Verizon and Hearst, is a global lifestyle brand, Media Company and one of the most influential voices in popular culture today. Complex Networks generates over 810 million video views a month across its digital channels – Complex, Collider, First We Feast, Rated Red, Pigeons and Planes, Sole Collector and more – and is a Top 10 publisher in the U.S. for social engagement on channels like Facebook and YouTube.
Complex Networks develops and distributes original programming for its channels and through output deals with distributors including Facebook, Fuse and go90. The company cultivates content that spans across popular culture from music to movies, sports to video games, fashion to food, reaching the coveted 18-24-year-old male audience. In November, the company successfully hosted its second ComplexCon in Long Beach, California, attracting 200 top brands and over 50,000 attendees to the two-day cultural festival.
go90 is a premium mobile entertainment destination for the best in live sports and original content. go90 is part of Verizon's global media portfolio of video content and platforms, which includes OATH brands - AOL, HuffPost, Yahoo View, Yahoo Sports - and COMPLEX Networks and more. go90 features 1,400 hours of originals from sought-after creators and talent and 25,000 hours of live sports and TV. go90 content can be viewed free from the app on iOS, Android or at go90.com.
The first major new studio in decades, Lionsgate is a global content platform whose films, television series, digital products and linear and over-the-top platforms reach next generation audiences around the world. In addition to its filmed entertainment leadership, Lionsgate content drives a growing presence in interactive and location-based entertainment, gaming, virtual reality and other new entertainment technologies. Lionsgate’s content initiatives are backed by a 16,000-title film and television library and delivered through a global licensing infrastructure. The Lionsgate brand is synonymous with original, daring and ground-breaking content created with special emphasis on the evolving patterns and diverse composition of the Company’s worldwide consumer base.