The minions are back for 4th time! Oh, and Gru & others are back too. And this time Gru has a twin-brother as well, very smartly called Dru. All your other favorite voices are also back. But again. minions are back. It's pretty apparent that "Despicable Me" aka DM, has become "De Minions". The fart, they mumble, they run, fall, do tricks etc etc etc, and they are lot of fun!
It is the third installment in the Despicable Me film series, and the sequel to Despicable Me 2 (2013). Directed by Pierre Coffin and Kyle Balda, and co-directed by Eric Guillon, the film is written by Cinco Paul and Ken Daurio and stars the voices of Steve Carell in a dual role, Kristen Wiig, and Trey Parker. It tells story of Gru discovering he has a twin-brother Dru, who wants to push him back to being super villain. Unwillingly, he has to partner with his brother to bring down a new supervillain Balthazar Bratt, a former child star who grows up to become obsessed with the character he played in the '80s and is bent on world domination. And then ether's minions, disappointed by Gru's lack of interest in being a villain. They leave him. But do they?Old story? Maybe. Family story? Maybe.
- The voice cast is good, the animation is crisp.
- Trey Parker as the evil Balthazar is damn good!
- Steve Carrell's Drummer is quite interesting.
- There are tons of jokes, many land well.
- Minions are back!
- Lot of vice talent is wasted. Like Kristen Wiig, Jenny Slate etc.
- Many jokes don't land. Guess, it happens in comedies. Or the jokes are too childish. )Kids would get a laugh)
- Rehash of everything we have seen. Nothing special.
- More minions. Do we really need that? (Yes!)
If you like Minions, or you have kids that like minions, or like silly fun movies. Go ahead and watch this. Otherwise, not really necessary.