11 Award-Winning Acclaimed Animated Shorts From Around the World Are Highlighted In Theatrical Showcase Nationally Beginning September 24, 2015!
First-Ever Theatrical Release for the Annual Animation Show of Shows Curated and Produced by Ron Diamond
For 16 years, The Animation Show of Shows was created, curated and presented by veteran animation producer Ron Diamond (whose producing credits include The International Tournée of Animation) to introduce new and innovative short animation films exclusively to studios, societies, schools, and festivals around the world. Over the years, 29 of the films showcased in previous Animation Show of Shows went on to receive Academy Award® nominations with nine winning the Oscar® for best Animated Short Film.
THE 17TH ANNUAL ANIMATION SHOW OF SHOWS - is Diamond’s vision to heighten the exposure for this extraordinary art form and entertainment platform and to allow audiences to experience these in a theatrical environment with others that share the same passion for animation.
THE 17th ANNUAL ANIMATION SHOW OF SHOWS will be distributed theatrically this fall by the Animation Show of Shows (a non-profit group) across the US. This extraordinary program of 11 films is created by animators from Australia, France, Ireland, the US, Russia, Switzerland, and Iran, including 7 women directors or co-directors, and many of which have garnered awards from distinguished festivals worldwide. Program highlights include Russian Animator Konstantin Bronzit’s We Can’t Live Without the Cosmos, winner of 40 festival awards worldwide, including top prizes at Annecy and Animafest Zagreb. Also included, is Academy Award® nominated director Don Hertzfeldt’s newest film, World of Tomorrow , which has garnered over 20 awards this year including grand jury prizes at Sundance and SXSW. This will be the first theatrical release of this annual program, finally sharing these animation talents with a wider audience.
“It has been a personal goal of mine to bring these amazing films to a larger audience and in theaters,” said Diamond. “ Normally, it’s just the animation studios, Academy members and a festival goers who get to experience these films on the big screen. And through this showcase many more animation and short film lovers will be able to see these gems as they should be. This is a very exciting time for animation film and technology, and this program features many different styles, animation techniques and stories. From LGBT themes to environmental tales to personal stories, this Show of Shows offers something for everyone.”
Acme Filmworks Presents THE 17TH ANNUAL ANIMATION SHOW OF SHOWS features the following films:
- THE STORY OF PERCIVAL PITS, created by Janette Goodey & John Lewis, Australia
- TANT DE FORETS, created by Geoffrey Godet & Burcu Sankur, France
- SNOWFALL, directed by Conor Whelan, Ireland
- BALLAD OF HOLLAND ISLAND HOUSE, created by Lynn Tomlinson, USA
- BEHIND THE TREES, created by Amanda Palmer and Avi Ofer, USA
- WE CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT THE COSMOS, created by Konstantin Bronzit, Russia
- MESSAGES DANS L’AIR, created by Isabel Favez, France/Switzerland
- STRIPY, Written and directed by Babak Nekooei & Behnoud Nekooei, Iran
- ASCENSION written and directed by Thomas Bourdis, Martin de Coudenhove, Caroline Domergue, Colin Laubry, Florian Laubry, France
- IN THE TIME OF MARCH MADNESS, directed by Melissa Johnson and Robertino Zambrano, USA
- WORLD OF TOMORROW, directed by Don Hertzfeldt, USA
For more information, please visit: www.animationshowofshows.com.