Government of India's initiative is 'Bharat Ko Janiye Quiz', the date for submission of application has been extended till Oct 15. You can win a chance to visit India and win other prizes. Check below fro details.
Summer fun is over and school is back in session!
You can still enjoy your favorite summer sports all year long with
NYC’s staple foundation, City Parks Foundation. All across the boroughs, City Parks Foundation is kicking off its 2018 Fall Sports Program for young people and seniors this September. City Parks Foundation provides free programs each year to over 12,000 New York City children and 1,000 seniors.
This Fall, City Parks Foundation will host over 300 youth and 500 seniors in 26 neighborhood parks and recreation centers for participation in FREE programs in golf, track & field, street hockey, yoga and fitness walking instruction. Registration for all programs are now open online and in person at each park site.
See below City Parks Foundation Fall sports programming/timeline:
CityParks Golf presented by Fondation LACOSTE and The First Tee NYC - September 15 - October 28
CityParks Track & Field presented in partnership with New York Road Runners and supported by the Randall’s Island Park Alliance - September 8 - October 27
CityParks Street Hockey presented by the New York Islanders - October 2 - November 8
CityParks Senior Fitness presented in partnership with New York Road Runners - September 17 - October 26
For more details, checkout the link below
Laugh Exchange LIVE!
September 8th at Littlefield in Brooklyn
Featuring Ophira Eisenberg, Shalewa Sharpe, Usama Siddiquee and More
For images and info, visit www.sharkpartymedia.com/laughexchangelive
WHO AND WHAT: Laugh Exchange LIVE! welcomes Ophira Eisenberg, Shalewa Sharpe, Usama Siddiquee and many more to help introduce comedy fans and performers to Laugh Exchange, a game-changing new mobile comedy app. After a pre-show red carpet with photos by Jenni Walkowiak, host Carolyn Castiglia will be joined by co-hosts from the Laugh Exchange roster to introduce a live contest version of the app, with 48 comics doing 1 minute sets each, following 6 different themes throughout. At the end, eight winners will be chosen and everyone will dance the night away with DJ Donwill. Brought to you by Laugh Exchange.
WHEN: Saturday, September 8th - doors and red carpet at 7:00pm, show at 8:00pm
WHERE: Littlefield - 635 Sackett St. Brooklyn NY
HOW: Free ticket and drink with RSVP - https://ticketf.ly/2LS8v03
On September 8th at Littlefield in Brooklyn, Laugh Exchange LIVE! welcomes Ophira Eisenberg, Shalewa Sharpe, Usama Siddiquee and many more to help introduce comedy fans and performers to Laugh Exchange, a game-changing new mobile comedy app. After a pre-show red carpet with photos by Jenni Walkowiak, host Carolyn Castiglia will be joined by co-hosts from the Laugh Exchange roster to introduce a live contest version of the app, with 48 comics doing 1 minute sets each, following 6 different themes throughout. At the end, eight winners will be chosen and everyone will dance the night away with DJ Donwill. Brought to you by Laugh Exchange. Admission is free with RSVP and includes one drink. 21+.
Partial lineup (subject to change):
Casey James Salengo
ABOUT LAUGH EXCHANGE
Laugh Exchange is the future of mobile comedy, and we want you to join us there! The beautifully designed app launches October 2018 with a exciting short-form comedy competition show. Creators will submit material for themed episodes in advance, and the top eight contestants compete for prize money on the streaming show, which airs three nights a week. Winners are chosen by interactive audience vote. But don’t worry - at Laugh Exchange, everyone wins! All creators who submit will have their material featured on the app. After each show, creators can easily share their submissions to other social channels, directly from the app. Audience members can also make money from watching and voting. Laugh Exchange’s format of simple, real-time episodes and a gamified engagement and compensation model is fresh, exciting and rewarding for anyone who loves a good laugh.
72nd Independence Day of India - 15 August 2018
On the occasion of 72nd Independence Day of India, Consul General, Sandeep Chakravorty hoisted the National Flag at the Consulate premises in the morning of 15 August. It was followed by the playing of the National Anthem. Consul General read out President’s Address to the Nation delivered on the eve of the Independence Day.
2. More than 200 people including prominent members of the Indian community and local dignitaries including Congresswoman Grace Meng, Assemblyman David Weprin, Assemblyman Raj Mukherjee, Senator Vin Gopal and also Bollywood actor Anupam Kher attended the ceremony.
3. A short cultural program was held by Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan, which included singing of patriotic songs and poetry recitation.
4. At the initiative of local Indian community organizations, iconic monuments in New York and surrounding areas were lit up on the occasion with the colors of the Indian flag. These included the Empire State Building, Niagara Falls among others.
5. This year, on the occasion of India's Independence Day, Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) sponsored a seven member group consisting of acclaimed Kathak dancers - Sandip Mallick & group with Anuj Mishra and group to present Kathak! A short glimpse of their performances were shown during the morning ceremony.
6. The team in collaboration with this Consulate & Battery Dance Company will be performing at Robert F. Wagner Park this evening; Saraswathi Hall, The Hindu Temple Society of North America on August 16 and finally at Navatman's Drive East Festival on August 17 before heading to Dallas for other scheduled performances.
7. PTC Broadcasting did a live telecast of today's event; link: https://www.facebook.com/USAPTCPunjabi/videos/244289326412218/
15 August 2018 New York
Here's the information and terms/ conditions on "Dhai Akhar”, a Letter Writing Campaign for Indian Diaspora on the topic “Letter to My Motherland ” inspired by Rabindranath Tagore’s “Amar Desher Mati". This competition is open for all age groups.
Details of Dhai Akhar Letter Writing Campaign to be organized at International Level are as under: -
I. Theme: The theme of the Dhai Akhar Letter Writing Campaign will be “
Letter to my motherland
/ मर दश क नाम खत” inspired by Rabindranath Tagore’s “Amar Desher Mati”. The letter is to be written in English/Hindi or any of the official languages mentioned in 8th Schedule of the Constitution of India. The categories for International Level Dhai Akhar Letter Writing Campaign are as follows:
(i) Up to 18 years (ii) Above 18 years.
II. Proof of age: The participants have to give a certificate of their age on the letter such as “I certify that I am Below/above the age of 18 as on 01/01/2018” along with one copy of proof of date of birth so that the age of the writers of winning entries can be verified with proof of their date of birth.
III. The campaign will start from 01-07-2018 till 30-09-2018. The letter can be written on plain A-4 size paper with a word limit of not more than 1000 words and is to be sent to Assistant Director General (Philately), Department of Posts, Room No. 108, Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg, New Delhi - 110001. Only handwritten letters posted by 30-09-2018 will be accepted. A scanned copy of the letter can be submitted on the MyGov portal by 30-09- 2018 (23:59 IST); however, it is compulsory that a hard copy of the letter bearing dispatch postmark of not later than 30-09-2018 be sent by post. Letters uploaded on the MyGov portal on 30-09-2018 but bearing a postmark after 30-09-2018 will not be entertained.
IV. All Non-resident Indians and Persons of Indian Origin living outside India can participate in the International Level Dhai Akhar Letter Writing Campaign. The participants have to give a certificate on the letter saying “I certify that I am Non-resident Indian or Person of Indian Origin (as applicable) residing in ________ (country’s name)”.
V. Evaluation: All the letters received from the Indian diaspora residing in other countries
will be evaluated by constituting Committees at the Postal Directorate level.
VI. Prizes: The top three letters in each category will be awarded prizes in the following way:
Prize to be given to top three Letters in each category at International Level:
Prize Category Prize Amount First Prize in each Category Rs. 50,000/- (Rs. Fifty thousand only) Second Prize in each Category Rs. 25,000/- (Rs. Twenty five thousand only) Third Prize in each Category Rs. 10,000/- (Rs. Ten thousand only)
The Show, the largest travel trade and consumer convention in North America, marks its 16th year in 2019
NEW YORK, June 25, 2018 – The 2019 New York Times Travel Show will take place Jan. 25-27, 2019, at the Jacob K. Javits Center in New York City.
Next year's Travel Show will open with a Trade Day, open exclusively to travel industry professionals and writers, on Friday, Jan. 25, Saturday, Jan. 26, and Sunday, Jan. 27. will be open to the general public, as well as travel professionals and media.
Overall attendance at the 2018 Travel Show—its commemorative 15th anniversary year—was 32,398, the highest in the history of the Travel Show and represented an increase in confidence and interest in leisure travel. These consumer traveler attendees estimated that they would spend more than $100 million in travel trips in the next 12 months, according to Travel Show survey results.
Trade attendance was once again strong at more than 10,268, an 11% increase from the previous year. The estimated volume of travel business represented by travel agents in attendance was a record $3.3 billion, according to Travel Show survey results.
Participating exhibitors also hit a new record with 610 companies representing over 176 countries. In addition to networking and negotiating new deals with travel agents, the 2018 exhibitors estimated that they created additional consumer traveler sales of approximately $7.5 million, on-site or shortly thereafter, according to Travel Show survey results.
Over 1,300 members of domestic and international media – covering all seven continents and dozens of nations and regions – attended the 2018 Travel Show to gain insights from industry-focused seminars and conferences, in addition to two days of consumer events that featured 276 travel industry speakers and experts.
In the coming months, The New York Times Travel Show will announce a variety of dynamic speakers and performers, interactive conference sessions, and other presentations for the 2019 Show. Please visit NYTimes.com/TravelShow and follow @NYTTravelShow for the latest New York Times Travel Show news.
For photos of the 2018 New York Times Travel Show, visit here.
For exhibition opportunities at The New York Times Travel Show, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For speaking opportunities, email NYTTS-Speaking@mse-management.com.
Visit Florida is a Silver sponsor of the 2019 Travel Show; I Love New York is a Bronze sponsor.
Industry Sponsors include: Adventure Travel Trade Association, Africa Travel Association, American Society of Travel Agents, Association for the Promotion of Tourism to Africa, Caribbean Hotel & Tourism Association, Caribbean Hotel & Tourism Association Education Foundation, Caribbean Tourism Organization, Cruise Lines International Association, Destination Wedding & Honeymoon Specialists Association, Family Travel Association, International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association, Millennials in Travel, Pacific Asia Travel Association, Professional Travel Bloggers Association, Society of American Travel Writers, United States Tour Operators Association and Well-Being Travel
Media Sponsors include: GoNomad, Healthy Aging Magazine, Insider Travel Report, ManAboutWorld, Passport Magazine, TA Connect, travAlliancemedia, Travel Market Report.
For sponsorship opportunities, email Brad Kolodny at email@example.com.
The New York Times Travel Show is the largest trade and consumer travel show in North America.
About The New York Times Travel Show (www.NYTimes.com/TravelShow)
The Travel Show is the largest and longest-running trade and consumer travel show in North America, featuring the Travel Industry Conference, Consumer Seminars, Meet The Experts Pavilion and an interactive Exhibition including more than 600 exhibitors representing travel to all seven continents, positioned within 16 pavilions (including Adventure, Africa, Asia, Australia/South Pacific, Canada, Caribbean, Cruise, Europe, Family, Global, Latin America, L.G.B.T.Q., Mexico, River Cruise, Travel Products, U.S and Wellness USA Pavilions). In addition to discounts and special offers, the show provides educational seminars and live entertainment for families, individuals and couples. Join the conversation and follow @NYTTravelShow for the latest Travel Show news.
About The New York Times Company
The New York Times Company (NYSE:NYT) is a global media organization dedicated to enhancing society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news and information. The company includes The New York Times, NYTimes.com and related properties. It is known globally for excellence in its journalism, and innovation in its print and digital storytelling and its business model. Follow news about the company at @NYTimesPR.
Father's Day is right around the corner, on June 17th, and you most probably are looking for a gift. Either you are a father, or you're looking for a gift for your father, it's never easy to find the right thing. Here are a few interesting suggestions:
- Custom tailored suit from Mohan's Custom Tailors: A suit can completely change how a man looks, in a good way. And a custom tailored, perfect fitting suit, is what can take it to the next level. Designer suits are not just luxury of the rich elites. At Mohan's custom suits, starting at just $699, you can get an amazing custom tailored suit, designed and made just for you, with a monogram and several amazing options. It's money well spent, for something very precious that will last for years.
- Designer sunglasses from PRIVE REVAUX: If $699 seems too much, how about amazing designer sunglasses, backed by Jamie Foxx, for just $29.95. Yes, you can get high quality designer brand polarized sunglasses for under $30 from Prove Revaux. Checkout the collection and you can pick one for the dad and one (or more) for the son/daughter too.
- TIMEX watch: How about something classic? Like the new MK1 Stainless Steel Chronograph carries a tough look and feel. The MK1 Steel Chronograph delivers a strong profile to attain distinction and quality, with an acrylic domed crystal it is complimented by a premium Italian oxford weave cotton strap and brushed steel finished eyelets to ensure a durable fit. Or the Timex SupernovaTM is a new way to experience our INDIGLO® Night – Light technology. A thin layer of metal is placed on top of the dial and using precision laser cutting techniques, the top layer is perforated to allow for the light to pass through, creating a new and unique way to illuminate the dial. Both priced at only $119, available at timex.com.
- A Cosmetics gift-set from RITUALS: All men can use some shower gel, shampoo, soap, shaving cream etc. But why not get them something special, something cool. You cannot go wrong with for only RITUALS The Ritual of Samurai - Refreshing Ritual Gift Set $45, or RITUALS The Ritual of Dao - Calming Collection for only $65.
- Perfume spray from CLEAN: Try something new and unique with CLEAN Reserve Sueded Oud. It is a fresh and creamy approach to a traditional oud fragrance. It is a discovery of natural textures and an exploration of the fluid movement between the brighter and darker facets of fragrance. Price & Availability: $95 at Sephora. Or CLEAN Reserve Acqua Neroli which combines the best of summer into one bottle, blending Acqua Musk with a sparkling freshness from bergamot, mandarin and orange Sicilian into a scent inspired by the Mediterranean sea. Price & Availability: $95, Sephora.com
- A Broadway Show: TONYs just finished and if you are in New York City, there's noting better than checking out a TONY winner, TONY nominated or just any damn broadway show. From classics like LION KING, THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, WICKED, to spectacular hits like HAMILTON, BOOK OF MORMON, ALADDIN to newcomers like HARRY POTTER, FROZEN and many many others. Check them out!
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!
Today in Barcelona, Samsung announced the new Galaxy S9 and S9+at Unpacked. Designed for the ways we communicate and express ourselves with images, videos and emojis, the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ feature Samsung’s most advanced camera ever. Redesigned with a new dual aperture lens that powers an innovative low light camera, Super Slow-mo video capabilities and personalized AR Emoji, the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ ensure you never miss a moment and make your everyday epic.
· Samsung’s most advanced camera ever has a new Super Speed Dual Pixel sensor and dual aperture lens for even better low-light shots, Super Slow-mo video capabilities.
· With AR Emoji users can create an emoji that looks, sounds and acts just like them for true personalization. AR Emoji uses a standard AGIF file format, so users can share their emojis across most third-party messaging platforms.
· Bixby, Samsung’s intelligence platform, is integrated into the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ camera and uses augmented reality to provide helpful information. New Bixby features include Live Translation for real time foreign language translation, Food calorie counter and Makeup with Sephora and CoverGirl. New shopping partners, include Walmart and Sam’s Club.
· Enhanced entertainment experience with powerful stereo speakers tuned by AKG and supported by Dolby Atmos and a refined edge-to-edge Infinity Display
· The new SmartThings app that brings together Samsung’s existing IoT services into one single smart experience
The Galaxy S9 and S9+ will be available in the U.S. starting March 16, 2018. Pre-orders begin March 2, 2018. Staring March 2, consumers who pre-order a Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9+ can save up to $350 with qualifying trade-in.
Available through Samsung.com and the Shop Samsung app, the Unlocked Galaxy S9 is $719.99 or $30/month for 24 months financing, and the larger Unlocked Galaxy S9+ is available for $839.99 or $35/month for 24 months financing.
Built for the Way We Communicate Today: Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+
The Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ fuel new discoveries with Super Slow-mo video, best-in-class low light camera and AR Emoji for a more personalized way to express yourself
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. introduces the Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+, the smartphones that reimagine the way we communicate, share and experience the world. Made for the ways we increasingly communicate and express ourselves with images, videos and emojis, the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ drive innovation with Samsung’s most advanced camera ever. Redesigned with a new dual aperture lens that powers an innovative low light camera, Super Slow-mo video capabilities and personalized AR Emoji, the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ ensure you never miss a moment and make your everyday epic.
The Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ deliver an enhanced entertainment experience with powerful stereo speakers tuned by AKG, surround sound supported by Dolby Atmos and a refined edge-to-edge Infinity Display – a key staple in Samsung’s design heritage. In addition, the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ will come with the new SmartThings app, which unites Samsung’s existing IoT services into one single, smart experience.
“The way we use our smartphones has changed as communication and self-expression has evolved,” said DJ Koh, president and Head of IT & Mobile Communications Division, Samsung Electronics. “With the Galaxy S9 and S9+, we have reimagined the smartphone camera. Not only does the Galaxy S9 and S9+ enable consumers to shoot the best photos and videos anywhere, it’s a smartphone that’s designed to help them connect to others and express themselves in a way that’s unique and personal to them.”
Today’s cameras are for more than taking pictures – they’re for connecting and communicating. Consumers want a smartphone camera with state-of-the-art technology, so they can express themselves with high-quality images and tools to tell their own, unique story. The Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ cameras are built with these consumers in mind, with a Super Speed Dual Pixel sensor with dedicated processing power and memory that can combine up to 12 distinct images into one amazing, high quality photo. The Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ camera features include:
- Super Slow-mo: Make every day moments epic with dynamic, slow-motion video that captures 960 frames per second. The Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ also offers automatic Motion Detection, an intelligent feature that detects movement in the frame and automatically begins to record – all users have to do is set up the shot. After capturing the Super Slow-mo video, users can select background music from 35 different options.
- Low Light Camera: Good lighting is the secret to any great photo. But often, photos are taken in less-than-ideal lighting conditions and most smartphone cameras have a fixed aperture that can’t adjust to low or bright lighting environments resulting in grainy or washed out pictures. Similar to the way the iris of a human eye expands and contracts, Samsung’s Dual Aperture (F1.5 – F2.4) automatically lets in more light when it’s dark and less light when it’s too bright, taking photos that are crisp and clear anytime, anywhere.
- AR Emoji: Samsung lets users create an emoji that looks, sounds and acts just like them. AR Emoji uses a data-based machine learning algorithm, which analyzes a 2D image of the user and maps out more than 100 facial features to create a 3D model that reflects and imitates expressions, like winks and nods, for true personalization. AR Emoji uses a standard AGIF file format, so users can share their emojis across most third-party messaging platforms.
- Bixby: Samsung’s intelligence platform, integrated into the camera, uses augmented reality and deep learning technologies to provide helpful information about a user’s surroundings. With real-time object detection and recognition, Bixby instantly generates information directly on top of the image that the camera is pointing at. Users can translate foreign languages and currency in real time with Live Translation, learn about their surroundings, purchase products seen in the real world from retailers such as Walmart and Sam’s Club, or track calories throughout the day.
Smartphones are often our go-to choice for entertainment, which is why Samsung created a device that offers premium sound experiences with stereo speakers tuned by AKG. Whether users are watching their favorite movie or streaming their favorite artist’s latest album, sounds are clear, crisp and rich in quality. The Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ also support Dolby Atmos enabled surround sound, giving the effect of 360-degree sound.
The Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ audio experience is complemented by Samsung’s revolutionary Infinity Display. First introduced on the Galaxy S8, the bold, bright Super AMOLED Infinity Display blends right into the phone with virtually no distracting bezels. With an adaptive contrast enhancement, users can use their device even in direct sunlight.
A Device that Fits with the Connected Lifestyle
As the first smartphone to support the new SmartThings app, the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ are the central hub to manage every facet of the connected lifestyle at home, at the office or on the go. The SmartThings App will be introduced with S9 and Galaxy S9+ and will connect to other Samsung and non-Samsung devices.
For those constantly on the move, the next-generation Samsung DeX empowers a mobile lifestyle by bringing a large, full-screen experience to the mobile handset. With DeX Pad, a new docking system, users can easily connect the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ to a larger monitor, keyboard and mouse to expand the mobile experience with enhanced document editing or even full-screen gaming. Users can transform the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ into a Touch Keyboard and Touch Pad with the DeX Pad.
The Best Comes Standard with the Galaxy Foundation
Samsung sets the gold standard for smartphones including IP68 water and dust resistance, and fast wireless charging. The Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ go a step beyond. The devices now support expandable memory of up to 400GB and are equipped with the latest premium application processors offering powerful performance, fast network speeds and sophisticated image processing.
In addition, the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ give users the peace of mind knowing that their phone is protected by Knox 3.1, Samsung’s latest defense-grade security platform. The Galaxy S9 and S9+ support three different biometric authentication options – iris, fingerprint, and facial recognition – so users can choose the best way to protect their device and applications. The devices support Intelligent Scan, a new verification mode that intelligently fuses the collective strength of iris scanning and facial recognition technology to quickly and conveniently unlock a user’s phone in any environment. The Galaxy S9 and S9+ introduce Dedicated Fingerprint, giving users the option to use a different fingerprint to access Secure Folder than the one used to unlock the phone.
Preorder and Availability
In the U.S., Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ will be offered in Lilac Purple, Midnight Black and Coral Blue for carrier and Unlocked by Samsung versions. Preorders begin March 2, 2018. AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular, Verizon Wireless and Xfinity mobile will carry Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ in stores beginning March 16, 2018, as well as at Best Buy stores and BestBuy.com, Amazon, Costco, Sam’s Club, Target and Walmart. Cricket Wireless and MetroPCS will offer Galaxy S9 and S9+ in Midnight Black. Samsung Galaxy S9 Enterprise Edition will be available in Midnight Black. The new devices will be available beginning March 16, 2018.
Available through Samsung.com and the Shop Samsung app, the Unlocked Galaxy S9 is $719.99 or $30/month for 24 months financing, and the larger Unlocked Galaxy S9+ is available for $839.99 or $35/month for 24 months financing.
Starting March 2, 2018, consumers who pre-order a Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9+ can save up to $350 with qualifying trade-in. The promotion will last for a limited time and is available at Samsung.com, the Shop Samsung app and select retailers. Visit samsung.com/us/trade-in for more information.
Samsung Premium Care
With Samsung Premium Care, you get more than just protection for your device, you get a team of Samsung pros ready to come to you. Just pick the time and place, and they’ll provide one-on-one technical support and assistance for everything from the setup of your device, to troubleshooting, to hand delivery of a replacement should anything happen to your phone. Premium Care is part of Samsung’s commitment to ensure that your location is our location, anywhere in the U.S. Enroll your new Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9+ and get one month of protection free. For more information, please visit:http://www.samsung.com/us/support/premium-care/.
About Samsung Electronics America, Inc.
Headquartered in Ridgefield Park, N.J., Samsung Electronics America, Inc. (SEA) is a recognized innovative leader in consumer electronics, mobile devices and enterprise solutions. A wholly owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., SEA is pushing beyond the limits of today’s technology and providing consumers and organizations with a portfolio of groundbreaking products in appliances, home entertainment, Internet of Things, mobile computing, smartphones, virtual reality, wireless infrastructure and wearables, in addition to offering leading content and services related to mobile payments, 360-degree VR video, customer support and more. Samsung is a pioneering leader in smartphones and HDTVs in the U.S. and one of America’s fastest growing home appliance brands. To discover more about Samsung, please visit www.samsung.com. For the latest Samsung news, please visit news.samsung.com/us and follow us @SamsungNewsUS.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung inspires the world and shapes the future with transformative ideas and technologies. The company is redefining the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, digital appliances, network systems, and memory, system LSI, foundry and LED solutions. For the latest news, please visit the Samsung Newsroom at http://news.samsung.com.
 The Dual Aperture supports F1.5 mode and F2.4 mode. Dual Aperture is installed on the rear camera (Galaxy S9) and rear wide-camera (Galaxy S9+)
 Bixby service ability may vary by country or carrier. Samsung Account log-in and data network (wifi or internet connection) required to fully operate Bixby features. Voice Command recognizes English (U.S.), Mandarin Chinese and Korean. Not all accents, dialects and expressions are recognized. Voice Command works with a select, growing list of Samsung and third-party apps. See “Apps with Voice” in Bixby for a list of compatible apps.
 Samsung Account log-in and data network (wifi or internet connection) required. Translation speed may vary depending on internet connection and word count. This function is limited to selected languages. For the full list of languages please visit www.samsung.com/galaxy
 Touch Keyboard function to be included in the upcoming software update.
 DeX Pad will come with HDMI cable, wall charger and data cable. Use of original HDMI cable and charger included with DeX Pad is recommended. Accessories including monitor sold separately. To utilize DeX (Galaxy Desktop), either DeX Station or DeX Pad is required. Both are sold separately. Certain apps may not run or may require license (for purchase) on Samsung DeX. DeX Pad supports Galaxy S9/S9+ only. (Galaxy S8/S8+ and Galaxy Note8 may be supported later with OS update.)
 Subject to credit approval from Samsung Financing Program Account issued by TD Bank, N.A.
 Terms and conditions apply and vary by retailer.
 Screen measured diagonally as a full rectangle without accounting for the rounded corners
 Default resolution is Full HD+ and can be changed to Quad HD+ (WQHD+) in Settings
 Carrying an IP68 dust and water resistance rating. Based on test conditions of submersion in up to 1.5 meters of fresh water for up to 30 minutes
 May differ by market and mobile operator
 User memory is less than the total memory due to storage of the operating system and software used to operate the device features. Actual user memory will vary depending on the operator and may change after software upgrades are performed.
 Galileo and BeiDou coverage may be limited
In 2010, Tracy Gunn, a former animal pharmaceutical sales rep, started UR Bath & Body in her kitchen. After a devastating layoff, a single mom with 2 kids, she invested $32 into making soaps to support her family and turned that into a seven-figure business. All the of products are handmade by those transitioning out of crisis. The company offers a place of employment that empowers and promotes women's independence from challenging family and abusive circumstances. The mission is too help uplift, reshape and rebuild the lives of those looking to regain their independence.
The Bronx isn’t just the birth place of hip hop – It’s the inspiration behind the UR Bath & Body brand. While visiting a women’s homeless shelter in New York City, Tracy noticed the director greeted each woman that walked through the door with a “UR” affirmation. "You are strong", "You are brave", "You are fearless", that inspired Tracy to create products to inspire a sense of self, naming each product after an uplifting attribute. UR Bath and Body products can be found online www.URbathco.com
We had a chat with Tracy, here are the excerpts.
- What inspired you to become an entrepreneur?
In 2010, I was laid off from my job as a sales rep and I needed to provide financial stability for my children but also needed to be mom first. Being an entrepreneur was the only option to be able to control my time as well as my financial independence.
- What do you like about being in health and beauty business?
Growing up, my grandmother made soap and I developed my passion for making soaps from her. Producing products that people can identify with and gain some fulfillment is one of the things I enjoy most about being in this business. I make It a point of emphasis to interact with our customers as much as possible, and hearing how much they value our products and our mission drives me to keep going and pushing further.
- Why is it important for you to focus on women empowerment, through your business?
Women have far been overlooked for many years. Women are very capable of accomplishing so much more than most women realize. Single mothers left to manage children and life often feel the options are few. I want women to know what they are capable of. If I can accomplish success from soap they can do it too in whatever outlets they choose to pursue. Many of our employees come from different backgrounds but strength is something they can all identify with. Every women is strong and capable of achieving, and we are all shining examples of that.
- Any products for men? Any upcoming exciting products, news etc?
We are planning a men's line coming in the near future along with a children's line.
- What's your most favorite and least favorite thing about NYC?
New York City is where my heart is. It is true that if you can make it there you can make it anywhere. There isn't one thing that I dislike about NYC. My absolute favorite thing about NYC is how it helped me create a business with a mission. Susan's place in the Bronx gave me the vision for my company's core values. The city as a whole possess a unique energy, I love the pace, people and the opportunity that being in a melting pot such as NYC can present. If not for NYC, I would not be where I am today!
I was strolling in Manhattan and minding my own business, and I ran right into a sly Foxx!
Academy Award-winning and all over “good guy” Jamie Foxx stepped into the eyewear industry, teaming up with Privé Revaux Eyewear a company that’s describe as being “built on a shared passion for style and quality with the goal of making it accessible in ways never seen until now. “
Mr. Foxx, one of the company’s brand partners stopped by the mid-town Manhattan location, which has a subway car prop in the rear, and the party started. He “literally” entered to the sounds of salsa music being played by a popular Bronx band. Sporting a Louis Vuitton backpack that just might be a custom design, the gifted funny, funny, funny Foxx flirted as he moved through the crowd.
Foxx was loaded with jokes but when it came to talking about the frames on his handsome face, he was all about the business.
“Every one of the Privé Revaux sunglasses is just $29.95. That’s like nothing, you can lose...like three, and come back and buy three more,” Foxx joked. “Here’s the thing, I mean, you don’t have to spend a billion dollars to look great. Right? I thought what if we do an affordable eyewear under $30? Even though it’s inexpensive, we’ll make sure we don’t spare any cost when it comes to making the product.”
He continued: "Anything I wear and I post on Instagram, people automatically think it's high end. That gave me an idea. I picked up the phone. I made 'that call' and bam affordable hotness."
The connection that Foxx was referring to was with “serial” entrepreneur David Schottenstein whose idea is to simply “disrupt” the eyewear market. To do that, and to ensure the brand’s success he turned to Foxx, as well as Hailee Steinfeld and Ashley Benson, who are all style ambassadors.
There are over 100 handcrafted and polarized designer frames (each costing $29.95) and it’s about the Privé Revaux Eyewear quality. Each of the 100+ Privé styles is named to evoke a persona, from The Artist and The Socialite to The Boss and The Godfather, all to show that everyone can be anyone when you reframe yourself with Privé Revaux.
“What I love, what I really love,” said Foxx as he danced through the crowd, “is giving people quality and style. Style and quality. Quality…and style…and at a price that won’t lean on their wallets and that’s Privé Revaux Eyewear."
Prepd, pioneering makers of refined lunch boxes for adults, have launched two trendy new colors in celebration of the brand’s second birthday. Available 5 February 2018, the new sleek Peach and Mint color options are bright alternatives to Prepd Pack’s classic turquoise design, and promise to brighten up the saddest of desk lunches.
Designed with convenience and wellness in mind, a Prepd Pack ($69) encourages users to create vibrant, diverse and healthful meals with its unique modular design and complimentary Prepd App, which features over 85 easy-to-make recipes that include a comprehensive nutritional breakdown for each dish. Prepd recipes are meticulously tailored to fit Prepd Pack’s BPA free containers perfectly, allowing for easy upload of nutritional data to the iPhone health app.
“The average American dine-out lunch costs an eye-watering $11.14 and food waste is common due to oversized portions. The average Prepd lunch only costs $6.30 — an almost 200% saving, and smart meal planning can prevent quality ingredients from ending up in the trash. Our app provides meal inspiration and helps users track both calorie intake and daily nutrition at the touch of a button,” says Co-Founder Chris Place. “We couldn’t be happier about the positive impact that the Prepd Pack has had on so many. Not only is our growing community taking healthy lunches more regularly and saving money doing so, together we are also making a huge reduction in the amount of disposable packaging waste.”
Having been featured on Oprah Winfrey’s coveted Oprah’s Favorite Things list 2017 and collaborating with home-cooking icon Blue Apron to help their users pack their meal kits for lunch, Prepd’s success is set to continue through 2018 with two new fun colors joining the family. Equipped with a full-set of containers and magnetic cutlery, all that is left to do is choose a recipe. Supplementary containers ($29) and cooling Cool Sticks, all of which slip seamlessly into the Prepd Pack, can be purchased for even greater flexibility, along with a premium neoprene Prepd Sleeve ($19) for added protection and wrist carrying.
Slimline, stylish and durable, each Prepd Pack is handcrafted from high-quality, natural bamboo. The case has a secure enclosure that keeps everything in place.
Say goodbye to the sad desk lunch! The Prepd Pack is equal parts stylish and functional.
Prepd is the creation of designers Chris Place and Will Matters. Formed in 2015 with a goal of making healthy living easier through good design, Prepd Pack is the brand’s first product..
Prepd's first Prepd Pack was originally brought to life through Kickstarter in January 2016 and raised just under $3M through crowdfunding. 2 years on the Prepd community has grown to over 50,000 users who take 529,000 meals to work in their Prepd Packs every month, potentially saving up to 6.35 million sets of single-use disposable packaging from take out restaurants each year.
Built to last, Slimline Prepd Packs are handcrafted from high-quality natural bamboo, and come with three premium leak-proof containers that can be arranged in multiple configurations to suit whatever is on the menu that day. An integrated placemat and a set of magnetic silverware means you can open up and enjoy your meal anywhere without rummaging around for utensils or worrying about making a mess. Lunch is served!
For an extra layer of protection, check out our Prepd Sleeve. Looking for more containers? Check out our extra Prepd Container Set. To keep your food extra cool and fresh for longer, try our Cool Sticks.
Key features of Prepd Pack include:
· Slim and durable Bamboo carry case.
· Food Safe, Leakproof Tritan containers.
· Stackable modular containers system.
· Ice packs that neatly fit into the side of the lunchbox
Free shipping world wide.
Let’s start with rock & roll. The Rock & Roll Playhouse’s winter concert series has three locations, which makes it easier to plan a family weekend activity. It’s a weekly dance party for kids ages three to eight where they rock-out to some of the best bands of all time, played by live bands and veteran DJs, as well as other kid-friendly activities. Created by concert promoter and all-around music biz entrepreneur Peter Shapiro and Amy Striem, a certified early childhood and elementary teacher, Rock and Roll Playhouse has staged more than 400 music happenings since its inception in 2013. To learn more go to Rock and Roll Playhouse
Escape the Cold at Museums & Exhibits. Stay warm and get educated. There are happenings at museums all over the city. Including Birds of a Feather: Joseph Cornell’s Homage to Juan Gris. A collection of nearly a dozen Cornell shadow boxes is featured in “Birds of a Feather: Joseph Cornell’s Homage to Juan Gris”; the works were inspired by the artist’s visit to a Manhattan gallery in 1953, where he saw the Gris Cubist collage, “The Man at the Cafe.” Now through April 15 at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Gallery Online: metmuseum.org.
Window to the Heart
February in Times Square is part of the Valentine Heart Design, curated by the Design Trust for Public Space. Every year, Times Square Arts invites architecture and design firms to submit proposals for a public art installation celebrating love in Times Square in February, and the winner for 2018 is “Window to the Heart”, by ArandaLasch Marcelo Coelho. Feb. 1 - Feb 28
Located at Father Duffy Square (between 46th and 47th Streets) Tickets: free
Teknopolis is an interactive playground and it’s back at the Brooklyn Academy of Music
Described as an "interactive multi-space digital art showcase", The playground is designed to inspire creativity and explore new frontiers in interactive technology. Featuring both local and international digital artists and technologists—including Google Spotlight Studios and Fingerlab—the selected installations use technology to inspire the same exploratory and creative impulses satisfied by more traditional arts like theater and music. Tickets are for timed entry, with a 90-minute session during the day, and two-hour sessions in the evening.
Feb. 24 & 25; Mar. 1 - 4, Mar. 9 - 11. Ages 6 & up. Tickets: $18/day entry; $25/evening
BAM Fisher Online: bam.org
Block Party at the Brooklyn Children's Museum is bringing the party inside with its latest visiting exhibit, "Block Party," created in collaboration with Anderson Zaca. Kicking it old school with interactive games and activities like hopscotch, jump rope/Double Dutch, and Skelly, and even man a DJ mixing table. A wall adorned with drawings of Brooklyn Brownstones provides the perfect background for stoop selfies. Through June 10, 2018. Tickets: $11/person
New York City and New Year's Eve have lot more in common than just sounding similar by being called NYC and NYE! NYC is synonymous with NYE celebrations, the best known and most popular event being the New Year's BALL DROP at TIMES SQUARE. But if you do not have the patience to stay out like that for hours and hours, in this freezing East Coast cold, there are few other FREE things that you could do to celebrate New Year's Eve in New York City.
- NYRR Midnight Run & Fireworks in Central Park: It's not FREE to participate in the run, but it is free to watch and party in Central Park. The party starts at 10 pm, with a LIVE DJ. And you enjoy the amazing fireworks too. You can also go and do some ice skating at Wollman Rink.
- Staten Island Ferry Ride: It's a fun ride (for FREE!) to take any time of the year, but on New Year's Eve, you can enjoy the fireworks in Manhattan (also Brooklyn and Jersey City) while admiring the NYC skyline. You can also buy drinks and snacks, from the bar on the boat. Plus they have a toilet (unlike Times Square Ball Drop). Just make sure to get your winter coat, and stay warm!
- NYE Fireworks in Prospect Park: Enjoy amazing fireworks with the background of beautiful NYC skyline at Prospect Park in Brooklyn. Just make sure to RSVP.
- NYE Celebration and Fireworks at Coney Island: Coming into its fourth year, guests can dance to live music throughout the night and watch some of Coney Island's most notable side show performances. Enjoy a fireworks display at the stroke of midnight at this free family-friendly celebration. Free live entertainment begins at 9:00 p.m. at the Steeplechase Plaza. Free admission starts at 6:00 p.m. on the B&B Carousel. And a lot more. Enjoy!
- Hang around Times Square (SECRET TIP!): You may not be the "IN" crowd, being inside, but you can walk close to the celebrations, like around 40th Street, or 50th Street, on Broadway or 7th Av. You can go to a bar or pub, or just hang outside around midnight. You can hear the noise, you can somehow hear the music, and still be part of the fun from outside. Better than standing in the crowd, in cold, for hours and hours. And you an walk to the center after midnight, and get some pictures (and even claim that you were there!).
- Just go to a bar/pub/restaurant: That's an easy one, you are in NYC! Go to a bar, pub, restaurant or anything. Most places have some special or something going on for the NYE. Specially bars and pubs. Just step out of house and walk in to any of the places. You'll have a good time. It's NYC!
- Or just STAY HOME, and watch TV: Honestly, in this freezing cold, it's never a bad idea. That's what I'm going to do. Watch the BALL DROP on TV, or any of the Holiday or New Year's special movies, or Netflix/Amazon/Hulu. There's so much going on, that you can have an amazing time, just at home. And there's social media (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram etc etc) to connect with your friends and family, as you celebrate and welcome the New Year's.
HAVE A WONDERFUL NEW YEAR'S EVE AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR 2018!
New York City is an amazing place to be at, all year round. But Holiday season becomes even more special with so many amazing things that pop up in NYC, that are unique to this wonderful city. Here are our top suggestions for THINGS TO SEE/DO in NYC during Holiday season:
- Rockefeller Center: The biggest and best Christmas tree in NYC, and maybe the entire world is at Rockefeller Center. It's FREE and open to public everyday from 5:30 am to 11:30 pm, until January 7th. While you are there, you can also enjoy some iceskating and go visit the Rockefeller Center itself.
- Bryant Park: If we are talking about Christmas Tree and Ice Skating, another amazing place in NYC would be Bryant Park. The winter time is the time for WINTER VILLAGE at Bryant Park. It brings amazing pop-up shops which have some cool crafts, art, holiday gifts and so much more. You have to be there to check it out. Ice Skating is free, if you have your own skates, else your an rent them for just $20. Time for Ice skating, holiday shopping, and rinkside dining make magical winter memories!
- Central Park: Another iconic place to do ice skating in NYC would be the one and only, Wollman Skating Rink at CENTRAL PARK. It's not free like Bryant Park, but it's lot of fun to skate under the stars, surrounded by trees in middle of Manhattan, in the amazing Central Park. You can also enjoy, to of other mazing things that Central Park has to offer.
- Times Square: The host to NYC New Year's Ball Drop, Times Square is one of the most visited place in the world. Filled with some amazing marquees, shops, characters and so much more, it's always a fun place to check out. And if you are around on New Year's eve, go checkout the Ball Drop as well. Or you can just watch it on TV in cozy environment and enjoy Times Square before or after. There' also a cool Holiday Market filled with amazing pop-up shops, on Broadway between 39 & 41 street, in Garment District. Make sure to check that out too!
- Macy's New York: Macy's and 34th Street in Manhattan, New York have an iconic connection to Christmas and Holidays. So, you definitely do not want to miss the holiday fun at Macy's. From there cool beautiful HOLIDAY WINDOWS right outside, to decorations inside, it's sure something that will delight all the young ones, and some adults as well. Plus you can shop at the biggest departmental store in the world, a delight for everyone.
Also, all of this can be covered in one day, if you like. Start from 34th Street at Macy's, walk to Times Square, then to Bryant Park, followed by Rockefeller and then Central Park. They are all not too far away from each other. So much fun, with family, with your loved one, with friends or even just by yourself. NYC is the best place to be for Holidays. Enjoy!
Checkout the video at the link below, to see a walk I did from Macy's to Bryant Park.
Here are a few ideas to shake up the coming holiday season.
Stocking stuffers suggestions: Just Zip It (www.just-zipit.com). They have googly-eyes but these pouches from ZIPIT rock. Made from 100% polyester, with large, “grip” teeth, the pouch can hold up to 30 pencils, collectibles, change and more. It’s machine-washable and comes in four different colors: black, blue, pink and purple.
Decal for the Day is new rub-on decals from OMY (omy-maison.com). There are different themes, like Paris, NYC, and even letters. Over 120 designs transfer easily. There’s no commitment because these decals wear away naturally and wash off clothes, too!
Finger Friends (landofnod.com) This cool fingernail kit comes with 25 animal stickers that are perfectly sized for little digits. Tigers, pandas, monkeys and more!
Made By us and For Us. Send the right message to the kids in your life.
Kimberly Jesika’s network and doll empire must be seen to be believed. She’s the savvy CEO behind the KidPire TV NETWORK (English and Spanish). Her Kimy fashion dolls with their cool bun— signature hairdo are popular! Jesika also cartoons on the Kidpire TV network. and books available on Amazon. @kidpiretvnetwork @dollfaceanimatedfilms @kimyfashiondoll
The joy of reading can be achieved in this fast, mobile society.
iTunes offers Donna Beasley’s KaZoom Kids Books. Created and illustrated by creatives of color, the library of interactive, multicultural books are designed to inspire children ages 3-8 to love reading. These are fun stories, featuring diverse characters, beautifully illustrated and with read-along narration. Designed so kids can use independently. Get 2 books free, and then subscribe to access all titles.
Coding is more than fun, it's essential education. Kids with basic coding fundamentals give an edge to students. Finding the right way to motivate your child can make all the difference, so here are selections are broken down by age group.
Ages 5 – 8: Ozobot robot does not use a smartphone or remote control, children draw lines with different colored markers to ‘program’ Evo. It can also be controlled with a phone or tablet, and it supports a drag and drop programming language, but the tactile sensation of ‘coloring’ with markers is a fantastic way to relate logic problems to children.
Wonder Workshop’s Cue will get a lot more mileage out of Cue’s personalities than preteens and teens, but it’s still a premium quality robot toy for any age. Kids can learn programming skills and create routines for their robot complete with sounds and lights.
Ages 8 – 12: Kamigami: Insect-like robots that kids assemble by folding plastic together. These fully-functional robots teach kids several STEM skills – and if you get a couple of these robots together they interact. These are fine for smaller kids too.
Code: Board games from ThinkFun don’t require any apps or screens to play. They come in several options and are popular with educators who want to introduce the fundamentals of code to children. Hour of Code website lists hundreds of educational games and activities.
Beauty Products make great gifts and Hollywood Pro Makeup Artist, Daurisa Tessier (daurisatessier.com) recommended these choices for the Holiday season.
Fenty Beauty by Rihana Gloss and the Kiawatt Freestyle Highlighter Duo. From MAC the paint pots eyeshadow primers and the Nude lipstick Razzledazzler. From Hourglass the Veil Mineral Primer, Ambient® Lighting Palette and the Hourglass. Vanish™ Seamless Finish Foundation Stick. From Marc Jacob its the Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara and for full coverage you can’t get better than Marc Jacobs Re (Marc)able Foundations.
Holiday season is time for celebrations, joy, fun and gifts! Giving gifts to your family & friends, and sometimes just yourself is just essential. But picking a good gift can be challenging in the times like these. There's just too many options out there. So here are some unique and amazing holiday gift suggestions from us.
- Do you love music? Do you like to hear every beat and sound crystal clear? Are you an audiophile? Then the usual earphones that your phone came with, or even the ones you buy online for $20-$30, is just not going to cut it. You know that. But if you are ready to spend just little more money, there are these amazing headphones from ECHOBOX. I tried both Finder and Traveller, and they are AMAZING. I'm nothing to give you a lot of technical jargon, you can go to their site and check the details. But I'll tell you that they sound amazing. And they DO NOT TANGLE. That's big for me. I have had $200 earphones, that tangled. These are just amazing. Sound is just superb. And right now, you can grab these on some amazing discount this holiday season. Checkout more on their site.
- Candles have become the easiest and most common gift to give these days. But it's not really easy to find some exceptional candles. The market is filled with all sort of products, and finding something good can be very very hard. Hence we recommend candles from ToBeCalm Frangrences. There collection is amazing, and you'll definitely find something you love. Just give them a try. They even have holiday special candles! Checkout their fragrances, essential oils and other products as well.
- It's getting cold outside, and your feet probably feel that cold. There's a beautiful and super comfortable way to keep your feet warm - TIME Slippers. I tried my first pair last year, and I have been a fan since. They make everything from slippers to boots, for both men and women. Available in several colors and designs, you will definitely find something that you and your feet would love. Get them for yourself, or the special one around you. Check them out now!
- Either you wear them for sun, for vision or just for fun, glasses are always cool, all year round. My favorite place to get some amazing glasses happens to be CoastalDotCom. They have amazing selection, with some exclusive designs as well. The prices are great and so is the service. From prescription eyewear, to fashionable sunglasses, to a mix of both, this is s great place to get whatever eyewear you are looking for. With their holiday special, this would be a great time to collect some wonderful glasses for the entire year.
- You like computers and coding? Or do you want to get into computers and coding? And amazing gift for any youngling or even adults KANO. What's KANO? Kano is a DIY "computer kit designed to help people of all ages assemble a computer from scratch, and learn basic coding skills". They have something for people of all ages, and once you get into building these computer kits, there's no way you won't fall in love. Make sure you get a your hands on one this holiday season.
So this is our list of some unique holiday gift/shopping ideas. I have personally tried each of these products, and I'll say I'm in love. All of these are on my gift list, one quantities of more than one. You may want the same. Go, get them now!
We will bring you another list of stocking stuffers as well. Enjoy the holidays and have a wonderful time. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!
Whatever you do, please don’t get turned off by the words “high end” — especially when it comes to your pretty face, ladies.
Something happened to me, recently inside a Sephora store. I met a woman with ebony-hued skin and a specular glow — so fantastic, that I thought, perhaps, she had stepped from the pages of a very modern fairytale.
The makeup on the woman’s face was HourGlass cosmetics, and she was a representative from the company. After a few well placed phone calls to their public relations team, I received a gift package and began my journey to learn more about the products.
To assist me in this task, I enlisted professional makeup career, Daurisa Tessier, a “sister” with over 10 years experience as a professional makeup artist. Her work is featured in many notable publications and global ad-campaigns, including Vogue, Berta Bridal, MAC, Chanel, Nars, Victoria Secret, and much more.
Here’s what make up artist Miss Daurisa Tessier had to share about using HourGlass.
MyNewYorkEye: How can a woman of color match her skin to get a natural look with HOURGLASS?
Daurisa Tessier : Hourglass foundation sticks are absolutely beautiful for women of color. With 26 beautiful shades, there is a color for every woman and ethnicity. Not only is the Hourglass stick a foundation, but the coverage conceals under eyes and any imperfections of the skin, leaving you with a beautiful finish that feels like it was set with powder. When I tried the foundation for myself, I must say I was very impressed with the coverage and how long the makeup lasted throughout the day. The benefits are that it is something you can carry in your purse or travel with because it is only .25 OZ. I used it with the Vanish seamless foundation brush, which made the foundation go on as if it was silk. I was never a fan of stick foundations but I must say I was impressed how the color I chose was perfect for my skin tone which was honey, and how effortlessly it was to put it on. Everyone wants skin that looks perfect, and Hourglass foundation sticks by far are the closest to getting a flawless application and beautiful skin.
MNYE: How important is a primer for women of color?
DT: Primer for a woman of color is the canvas before the art. let me explain: Here are so many benefits to using a primer the first one is that is blurs out imperfections in the face and minimizes pores in the skin before putting on the foundation. The other amazing reason for using primer is it helps with oil and it makes your makeup stay fresh and last all day. I definitely recommend a primer to all women of color. We all know the saying “black don’t crack” but we all know it can get some creases (smiles). One of the primers I recommend is by Hourglass, and it is the Veil Primer. Some of the benefits are that it smooths out the skin, its oil-free, and it makes the makeup last all day long. It helps with making pores, wrinkles and lines in the face look very minimal, and it even has SPF 15 to protect from the sun and last but not least its vegan. So yes ladies, before we paint our face, lets prime it first.
MNYE: ourglass's Lip Color stays on long and keeps the lips moisturized. How does a woman add that extra sparkle for the holiday season?
DT: Using Hourglass Femme rouge velvet creme lipstick is the way to go for the holidays. One of my favorite shades is Muse which is a beautiful coral color. The lipsticks are very creamy and are infused with vitamin E. To give it a more sparkly look for the holiday, I would add their Extreme Sheen High Shine lipgloss in the color reflect which will give the lips a nice glossy pout.
MNYE: How can you get a Sparkle Holiday look?
DT: When I think of a Holiday look I think of highlighting and contouring the face and glitter. Combining all of these wonderful Hourglass products and adding a touch of glitter on the lips and eyes gives off a sparkle to the face that is absolutely beautiful. Hourglass makes a beautiful highlighter and one of my favorites is the Ambience Strobe Lighting powder in Eurphoric. Brush this powder delicately on your forehead, down your nose, cheekbones, and browbone to give your skin a beautiful glow. A holiday looks also need lashes and of course a winged out eyeliner on the top lid in black.
Bonobos has been offered a lucrative $310,000,000 deal from Walmart.
Dollar Shave Club was acquired for $1,000,000,000by Unilever.
Albertsons purchased Plated for $200,000,000.
What one single similarity do all three corporations share? Each one had a branding video that was designed and distributed by a New York corporate video production company, Top Notch Cinema. A short time after these videos were publicly shown, these start up organizations received their profitable solicitations.
In an ever-changing environment saturated with an abundance of information, it is essential to stand out in the crowd. Video production and distribution creates a unique niche for brands looking to capture the attention of all audiences, both small and substantial in size. A quality promotional and/or event video creates necessary brand awareness. It also helps the consumer feel personally connected to the brand, which creates brand loyalty and increases referral rates.
A quick Google search reveals that the top video production firms focus mostly on news and entertainment. It is evident that virtually everyone ignores videos for business. According to the owners of Top Notch Cinema, James Orfanos and Greg Parker, videos allow a brand to “personally connect with their audience, leading to a higher level of lead generation and higher conversions rates”. By adopting this focus, Top Notch Cinema has been able to secure top clients, including the famed luxury stay brand The Four Seasons, the digital wallet Venmo, andonline news source Elite Daily, among others. The work of Top Notch Cinema essentially guarantees a significant return of investment, which their clients have confirmed.
Top Notch Cinema focuses on enhancing the essence of every brand by creating a series of short and succinct videos. The content is both comprehensive and compelling, designed to engage all ages. Once completed, a strategic and schematic distribution is done through particular platforms and creative channels. All done within one day.
Take a second to schedule an in-depth consultation with Top Notch Cinema. For further information, visit their website at www.topnotchcinema.com.
Ballet Hispánico, the nation's premier Latino dance organization, announces Auditions for the Nuestro Futuro Scholarship Program on Saturday, November 11, 2017. Celebrating over 45 years of dance and culture, the Ballet Hispánico School of Dance is a leading center of excellence in dance education located at The Arnold Center, 167 W. 89th Street, NYC.
The Nuestro Futuro Scholarship Program is a merit-based program designed to support passionate young artists serious about their dance training. After an audition process, accepted students receive a full-tuition scholarship and join a community that nurtures them to serve as ambassadors of the Ballet Hispánico School of Dance and the organization as a whole.
1:30-2:30 pm: Ages 7-9
2:45-4:00 pm: Ages 10-12
4:15-5:45 pm: Ages 13-23
(Arrive 30 minutes prior to start time.)
Applicants should bring a completed audition form at time of registration, and a headshot. Females should wear pink transitional tights, ballet shoes, and leotard, and males in should wear fitted t-shirt and leggings. Students with prior flamenco experience should bring shoes and castanets. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or with questions.
At the School of Dance, children learn in a nurturing and disciplined environment, discover dance as a language of ideas, and explore the rich history and aesthetics of Latino cultures. Under an internationally renowned faculty led by seasoned dance professional and School Director Michelle Manzanales, students are exposed to four signature training programs and a bevy of performance opportunities. Classes are set to live music and held at our studios located in Manhattan's Upper West Side. The School offers over $150,000 in annual scholarships to talented and need-based students.
Alumni of the School have gone on to prestigious conservatories such as Juilliard and LaGuardia High School of Performing Arts; to careers in theater (Nancy Ticotin), film (Jennifer Lopez) and television (Michael DeLorenzo); and to careers with leading dance companies such as Ballet Hispánico, Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, Paul Taylor, ABT II, and the San Francisco Ballet.
"Ballet Hispánico offered a variety of the techniques that prepared me far beyond my imagination. It taught me to be the dancer I am today."
-Linda Celeste Sims, Principal Dancer, Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater
"We have terrific talent on Broadway, film, and TV who were trained at Ballet Hispánico." -Broadway star Chita Rivera
How many of us have recited and pondered the words of this epic poem by the great Langston Hughes, he asks “What happens to a dream deferred? Does it dry up Like a raisin in the sun?... Or does it explode?” Hughes further comments on the power of dreaming and the value of dreamers, offering this advice, “Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly.” And knowing full well the weight of life outside of prose and verse, he offered these words of encouragement that ring, still, inside the ears and lives inside the hearts of many who love Langston Hughes. He said: “Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lullaby.”
For the third straight year, Total Equity Now will again co-sponsor the Langston Hughes Festival at The City College of New York on Thursday, November 16.
The event will honor the 2017 Langston Hughes Medal Winner world-renowned author Zadie Smith, whose work will be celebrated at the free LHF event.
Langston Hughes Medal Award winner Zadie Smith is an award-winning British-born novelist. She joins a list of literary luminaries, including James Baldwin, Toni Morrison, Maya Angelou and Walter Mosley, who have received this honor.
Smith is a fellow of the Royal Society of Literature and has twice been listed as one of Granta's 20 Best Young British Novelists. Her first novel, "White Teeth"(Random House, 2000) was the winner of The Whitbread First Novel Award, The Guardian First Book Award, The James Tait Black Memorial Prize for Fiction, and The Commonwealth Writers' First Book Award. Her second novel, "The Autograph Man" (Vintage Books / Random House, 2002), won The Jewish Quarterly Wingate Literary Prize. Smith's third novel, "On Beauty" (Penguin Books, 2005) received the Orange Prize for Fiction, The Commonwealth Writers' Best Book Award (Eurasia Section) and was shortlisted for the Man Booker Prize. Her fourth novel, "NW" (Penguin Press, 2012) was shortlisted for the Royal Society of Literature Ondaatje Prize and the Women's Prize for Fiction. "Swing Time" (Penguin Books, 2016), Smith's most recent book, has been shortlisted for the National Book Critics Circle Award for Fiction. In addition, she published an essay collection, "Changing My Mind" (Penguin Books) in 2009.
Smith writes regularly for the New Yorker magazine and the New York Review of Books. She is a tenured professor of creative writing at New York University.
The evening will include a reading by Zadie Smith, a conversation between the honoree and writer and City College Professor Emily Raboteau, award presentation by Jacqueline Woodson and a special musical guest.
On November 1st support #RockThoseReads by carrying
reading materials publicly and proudly everywhere you go--on Wednesday, November 1 (Literacy Across Harlem Day).
Consider showing of Zadie Smith and/or the Langston Hughes poetry collection featured in our very special list of books about Harlem.
You can find Zadie Smith's books at Sister's Uptown Bookstore & Cultural Center (156th St. & Amsterdam Ave.) and at your local Harlem branch of the New York Public Library.