New York City is an amazing place to be at, all year round. But Holiday season becomes even more special with so many amazing things that pop up in NYC, that are unique to this wonderful city. Here are our top suggestions for THINGS TO SEE/DO in NYC during Holiday season:
- Rockefeller Center: The biggest and best Christmas tree in NYC, and maybe the entire world is at Rockefeller Center. It's FREE and open to public everyday from 5:30 am to 11:30 pm, until January 7th. While you are there, you can also enjoy some iceskating and go visit the Rockefeller Center itself.
- Bryant Park: If we are talking about Christmas Tree and Ice Skating, another amazing place in NYC would be Bryant Park. The winter time is the time for WINTER VILLAGE at Bryant Park. It brings amazing pop-up shops which have some cool crafts, art, holiday gifts and so much more. You have to be there to check it out. Ice Skating is free, if you have your own skates, else your an rent them for just $20. Time for Ice skating, holiday shopping, and rinkside dining make magical winter memories!
- Central Park: Another iconic place to do ice skating in NYC would be the one and only, Wollman Skating Rink at CENTRAL PARK. It's not free like Bryant Park, but it's lot of fun to skate under the stars, surrounded by trees in middle of Manhattan, in the amazing Central Park. You can also enjoy, to of other mazing things that Central Park has to offer.
- Times Square: The host to NYC New Year's Ball Drop, Times Square is one of the most visited place in the world. Filled with some amazing marquees, shops, characters and so much more, it's always a fun place to check out. And if you are around on New Year's eve, go checkout the Ball Drop as well. Or you can just watch it on TV in cozy environment and enjoy Times Square before or after. There' also a cool Holiday Market filled with amazing pop-up shops, on Broadway between 39 & 41 street, in Garment District. Make sure to check that out too!
- Macy's New York: Macy's and 34th Street in Manhattan, New York have an iconic connection to Christmas and Holidays. So, you definitely do not want to miss the holiday fun at Macy's. From there cool beautiful HOLIDAY WINDOWS right outside, to decorations inside, it's sure something that will delight all the young ones, and some adults as well. Plus you can shop at the biggest departmental store in the world, a delight for everyone.
Also, all of this can be covered in one day, if you like. Start from 34th Street at Macy's, walk to Times Square, then to Bryant Park, followed by Rockefeller and then Central Park. They are all not too far away from each other. So much fun, with family, with your loved one, with friends or even just by yourself. NYC is the best place to be for Holidays. Enjoy!
Checkout the video at the link below, to see a walk I did from Macy's to Bryant Park.